Interested in joining the Andy Mast Team? Simply fill out the online application form below, and a member of our staff will contact you for an interview.
Current Job Listings
Job Title: Assistant Grower
Reports to: Lead Grower
Type of Position: Full-time, year-round
Location: Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Holland
Primary Purpose and Function
Demonstrate professional behavior with a team-based mentality to ensure that all products produced by Andy Mast Greenhouses are produced to the highest quality standard in a safe, efficient, and economical way.
Knowledge and Skill
- Bachelor of Science degree in Ornamental Horticulture or:
- Associate’s degree in Horticulture with 1-2 years of growing experience or:
- 3 years of growing experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
- Pesticide Applicator license preferred
- Trained in CPR/First Aid a plus
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Priva
- Ability to operate small equipment (ex. – fork lift) a plus
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Help determine fertility needs of greenhouse crops by making sure pH and EC measurements of soil are conducted.
- Monitor crops daily, making sure they are sufficiently watered for the day.
- Apply appropriate means of irrigation to help develop plants.
- Scout and assist in identifying insects and diseases of greenhouse crops.
- Apply appropriate IPM solutions to control problems on plants.
- Log spray applications in Pesticide Application manual immediately following each pesticide application.
- Make sure necessary pesticide warning signs are applied in areas where sprays have been made.
- Assist in monitoring environmental conditions in greenhouse on Priva. Discuss potential changes or concerns with Lead Grower.
- Aid with height measurements on various crops.
- After measurements are complete, update records of heights in appropriate spreadsheets.
- Assist in maintaining a clean greenhouse appearance.
- Conduct various trials on crops to look for ways to improve crop quality or ways to become more efficient.
- Help cover weekends.
- Occasional lifting of heavy objects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate any problems or safety concerns to Lead Grower immediately.
- Help monitor employees to make sure the appropriate PPE is worn when making spray or drench applications.
- Assist with training Greenhouse Techs.
- Help direct Greenhouse Techs to complete daily tasks given by Lead Grower.
- Professionally represent company at various educational opportunities presented to you by company.
- When directed by Lead Grower, attend and be involved with grower meetings.
- When time allows, assist other employees/departments to complete daily tasks.